Prof. Dr. Till Opatz
Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz
Institute of Organic Chemistry
Secretary Ramona Mitschke, Irene Smetana
- October 1992 - March 1997: Academic training in Chemistry, University of FrankfurtDiploma thesis with Prof. Dr. Johann Mulzer"Studies on the synthesis of morphinan alkaloids - a formal total synthesis of morphine"
- May 1997 - January 2001: Doctoral studies with Prof. Dr. Horst Kunz at the University of Mainz"Glucose as a pentavalent chiral scaffold for combinatorial solid phase synthesis"
- February 2001 - February 2002: Postdoc with Prof. Dr. Rob M. J. Liskamp, University of Utrecht, NiederlandeResearch project: “Combinatorial synthesis of tripodal receptors - a strategy towards novel antibiotics“
- April 2002 - October 2006: Habilitation at the Institute of Organic Chemistry, University of Mainz"New syntheses with imines of natural and umpoled reactivity"Venia legendi granted in October 2006
- June 2007 - March 2010: Professor of Organic Chemistry, University of Hamburg
- Since April 2010: Professor of Organic Chemistry, Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz
- 1997 - 1999: Kekulé scholarship of the "Fonds der Chemischen Industrie"
- 2001 - 2002: Marie Curie scholarship of the European Union
- 1992: Bronze medal at the 24th International Chemistry Olympiad in Pittsburgh/USA
- 2001: Dissertation prize of the University of Mainz
- 2003: Prize of the "Emil und Paul Müller-Gedächtnisstiftung"
- 2003: Thieme Journal Award
- since 2013: Adjunct professor, University of Alabama